The WyreStorm Express EXP-CON-DAC is a digital to analogue audio converter capable of decoding connected S/PDIF coaxial or TOSLINK optical digital audio sources to standard analogue stereo (L/R) audio with inputs selectable via onboard input select switch. Stereo output signals can then be fed to external devices such as an amplifier, Hi-Fi, recording deck, or powered speakers via standard phono style (RCA) jacks.
If quick, reliable and cost effective conversion of digital audio to analogue is a requirement for your project, the EXP-CON-DAC makes it incredibly easy to connect modern digital sources, such as AppleTV, Blu-Ray/DVD, DAB, digital computer audio to a legacy analogue sound system without requiring expensive additional conversion equipment.
- Converts S/PDIF digital audio (PCM) signals from compatible device to analogue stereo audio.
- Includes digital interpolation filter.
- Accepts uncompressed digital audio input signals.
- 2-channel LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation) at 32, 44.1, 48, 96 & 192 KHz.
- 24-bit S/PDIF incoming bitstream on left and right channels.
- Optical & Digital Coaxial inputs- Input Select switch- LED Power indication.
- Compact design.
- Supports audio signals up to 24-bit with sampling rates up to 192 kHz.
- Low-latency Digital Filtering.
- Dynamic Range: 106 dB A-wt.
- THD+N (Total harmonic distortion plus noise) rating: -93dB.